Animal Collective T-shirt

I've personally had some strangely profound moments listening to Animal Collective; they somehow put me in an almost meditative state of mind - and some of these moments may be the most precious I've experienced (and probably ever will experience).
It took me awhile to realize how special this band really was, but it was worth the wait. In a way, and I mean a really positive way, they changed my life.
And that's why I'm not so sure about this picture actually. I kind of hate it, and I kind of like it. I hate it, probably because it can't possibly be as good as what it's supposed to represent, and I like it because it's not really a bad picture at all.
I started on it a while back as a hand made pencil drawing (the first picture below is a colored version of this drawing, and below it is the black and white original), but when the "character" was finished I got scared I might ruin it with a background and decided to do the rest on my computer. I'm not sure if this was a good idea or not, but it's not like I can change it as the original is somewhat damaged now.
Anyhow, when I had finished coloring it I tried to make a cool background, but it didn't work. So I asked my brothers girlfriend what she thought about it and she said it would look really cool as a t-shirt. This got me thinking, and soon afterwards I made the picture that I've posted above. I guess one day I'll make a new picture for animal collective that I'm more happy with, but for now this will do.


2 kommentarer:

  1. I agree, Animal collective really has put me in a meditative state of mind. I really like this piece too. The background is awesome. To me it resembles Merriweather Post Pavilion album cover. Not sure if you were going for that look but it's amazing dude.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I was sort of trying to get a vibe from that record, and its concept-art. Nice to get a positive comment! :D

      Radera